1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple Inputs problem....advice sought

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by pinnocchio, Jan 15, 2004.

1. pinnocchio

pinnocchio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK Guys need some help here.

I have a Panny TH50-PHW30 that I'm very pleased with.

Plugged into it I have the normal BNC card with S-Vid and Component in via a SONY AV 1080 AMP and a component DVD Player going directly into the Panny. (I use the amp to control the inputs as it makes life easier with one remote).

I have Sky+, Video Recorder and DVD and AMP feeding into the screen and have now built a PC ITX based PVR that is going into the Panny via the VGA in (and I have to say being able to watch US shows on the screen with the sound output going via the AMP is incredible). The PVR also has a hauppauge USB Nova-T input for freeview.

Anyway to the question(s)....

Looking at my setup now....

I have:-

1 x VGA/S-Vid device (ITX-PVR) - Digital Audio to Sony AMP
    1 x S-Vid/Scart device (Sky+) - Optical Audio to Sony AMP
    1 x S-Vid/Scart device (Panny VCR) - Normal Audio to Sony AMP
    1 x Component Video (DVD Player) - Optical Audio to Sony AMP

I could get the Panny 600B teletext tuner that has 3 scart inputs as well as a component in and an S-Video in, this would also interface with my Panny VCR for tuning and direct recording (again less remotes). This would also give me analogue teletext without interfering with the sound.

However after reading the boards people don't seem to rate the tuner and instead recommend going to a Dr J Scart to VGA plasma interface. However this would cause me a problem as I'd then have two devices trying to use the VGA input.

Can anyone make any suggestions as to what's likely to be the best setup and also as I have the PHW30 panny which terminal board would I need to work with the 600B tuner?

TIA

P

2. pinnocchio

pinnocchio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0