Question Multiple individual Camera Views from one PC

Discussion in 'Smart Home, Climate Control & Security Forum' started by tekai, Sep 6, 2016.

1. tekai

tekai
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I have a client who has an IP camera setup in his grocery store but he wants his customers and his staff to be able to view the cameras through the Isles and at the front of the store and in the back office with each monitor having either the view of the isle or multiple views of of the entire store, the software can handle it but the PC's or hardware can't. i came up with the solution to use a splitter to a mini PC but range was the issue some of the monitor locations are really far from the placement of the PC.

My other idea was to use a pluggable HDMI PC that would work great, each monitor would have its own working version of the software and it would give the client what he wants but it was shot down because it would be a bit costly.

I am lost at this point and the customer is getting irate at this point

2. Fabien

Fabien

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Have a look at some of the hdmi stick streamers such as Amazon Fire (you would have one per hdmi monitor (~£20ea)). I know if you install Kodi you can have a web browser and then point that to the IP camera in question.

You might also be able to run an app to have multiple camera views

Fabien