• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

multiple device connection advice

kag12

Novice Member
hi!

I know this has been asked before but all the posts I have found have been at least 3 years old so I would like some up to date advice please.

I have my PC, Xbox one, PS4 and PS3 all connected to my TV.
I have never had an home entertainment system of any variety before, is there a way to have all 4 devices connected without having to unplug and plug cables every time I switch?

thanks for any help you can provide!

fxv300

Yes most new AMPs will normally have a number of HDMI inputs so you can decide which one to pass to the TV or Monitor. You have to research as to what future capabilities you need. This particular AMP has 5 HDMI input and 1 output. You can switch easily from one device to the next using a remote or the front switch.

dn860.jpg

kag12

Novice Member
Awesome!! So, just so I make sure I understand this correctly, I can plug all my devices into the AMP via HDMI and then have a HDMI from the AMP to my tv?

fxv300

yes that's what I have (PC, ROKU4, Laptop) all to AMP via HDMI then AMP to TV via HDMI. In my case the TV is a 4K monitor.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom