• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Multiple / Clones... tips wanted.

netronelson

Hi There,

I've seen a few of these photos around:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/treekins/364709270/sizes/l/in/set-72157594491998403/ (stevegreen's 'work' one rings a bell too)...

And want to replicate something similar for this months photo comp. Has anyone got any tips on set up and taking the shots?

I'm confident in my photoshop skills, layers, masks, clip paths and so on, so any tips about staging the shot would be grand...

Thanks in advance,

nelson.

Tobers

It's pretty simple really. Just ensure you get the camera on a tripod to keep it still, and use a remote release. It's worth using manual mode, setting the exposure with your subject in the frame, and then leaving the exposure as is for all the shots that you do. If you use P, Av or Tv modes, then you risk the camera changing the exposure for example due to the position of the subject, and having inconsistent looking results when you clone it all together.

BobBob21

As above, I would be lazy and take the first in a partially auto mode like Av with manual focus, record the settings and then switch to full manual and use the same settings for all the others.

Layer up the images and just erase the parts where the duplicate is below to allow them to show through, as all the exposures are identical you shouldnt need to be too careful at the edges

netronelson

Hmm, thanks for this...

I'm wanting to use different angles and shrink some of the objects down too - may be too much to ask for a quick fix...

N.

netronelson

Thanks for that Senu... i hadn't, but it all makes sense.

I'll have a stab this weekend and see how it goes.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom