Multiple AV32R for multiroom

mabu

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have those speaker setups:
7.1 + stereo + stereo + stereo
Then I have 2x10 power amplifiers of the 2x 100x5R.

I already have 2 AV32R single processors and plan some AV32R DP for a 7.1 setup + the stereo setups in the other rooms. That would need to switch the Surround back from 7.1 to the 2nd zone which the AV32R DP supports according to manual page 65 bottom (Y-Splitter). However I would need for synchronous stereo playback on multi-room to drive about 5x2=10 power amps.

It is possible to split a pre-out to 2, impedance is usually sufficient. But how would I drive 5 amps with 1 pre-out...? The Double Processor at least has the Party mode where all pre-outs are driven in stereo with the full impedance, so using the same poweramp per pre-out I would just need to switch the speaker output behind the poweramp from the 7.1 setup to the other room.
Then some other idea came up, that I could connect my 2 older AV32R behind the new DP I'm still looking for: Using Tape-out is bad as it would do multiple DA conversions. but what about daisy chaining via S/PDIF? Would the stereo output be synchronous via digital outs or is the buffering different?
And some other weird idea, does the TAG bus support multiple preamps? Even multiple poweramps has only been added to later versions by selecting the ID per amp.

Some other question when using the one Double Processor switching between a 7.1 and some multiroom... is it possible to save 2 different TMREQ profiles and easily switch between?

In the deep of the forums I found another hidden option for getting more outputs of the AV32R in order to drive more power amps without splitting the pre-out impedance, quoting Dr. Udo Zucker:

KEY_TAPE + KEY_DIGITAL

Enables/Disables the feature which either copies Left/Right (select "Display") or the last chosen analog input (select "Normal") to the Tape output.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom