• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Multiplayer World Map

DR Kronenbourg

Distinguished Member
How accurate do you think the world map in the MP lobby is? i think its a smart little addition with the darkness moving through the time zones but is it for real and is it just xbox users? there are lights on the map in areas where xbox live is not meant to exist, i can see lights of the coast of Madagascar, North Africa and even what looks like Greenland, is there a way to access xbox live without being on the official support list of countries?

qwerty321

Distinguished Member
It never really seems to change. The east coast of the US always seems to glow white! Also there is one solitary dot in the Pacific, west of Portugal.

Mikepriester

Distinguished Member
I would have thought it was quite active.

The one they used to have in Halo was pretty good, it would be good if you could bring it up fullscreen.

The activity lights were pretty much the same as Halo aswell, the east coast of the USA always being lit.

majnu

Distinguished Member
How accurate do you think the world map in the MP lobby is? i think its a smart little addition with the darkness moving through the time zones but is it for real and is it just xbox users? there are lights on the map in areas where xbox live is not meant to exist, i can see lights of the coast of Madagascar, North Africa and even what looks like Greenland, is there a way to access xbox live without being on the official support list of countries?

Isn't that map thing nicked from Halo? If it is then I expect it to be very accurate.

majnu

Distinguished Member

Chox1988

Distinguished Member
It never really seems to change. The east coast of the US always seems to glow white! Also there is one solitary dot in the Pacific, west of Portugal.

I'm not surprised that the east coast is always lit up, western europe is generally always lit up to. Assuming its accurate, if you think each light is a person and 7million copies were sold on day one, and three and a half million of those go online, on that small picture even a tiny percentage of those people would light up a populated section.

It's the single lights in the absolute middle of nowhere that i find amazing. A tiny tiny island in the middle of an ocean and they're still connected to the world.

I too wish it could be full screened.

Mikepriester

Distinguished Member
It's the single lights in the absolute middle of nowhere that i find amazing. A tiny tiny island in the middle of an ocean and they're still connected to the world.

I too wish it could be full screened.

Is that the one on the bottom left hand side of the map?

Used to be on Halo aswell, if it's the same one. First thing the Mrs mentioned was a little dot all on it's lonesome, like Halo.

NooBish AbbZ 92

Distinguished Member
I too am curious about the dot West of Madagascar.
Very wierd..

majnu

Distinguished Member
Around a third of people have sold Black Flops now, judging by the map and players online.

P

planetmatt

I think it's pretty accurate. There was a discussion over on Reddit where some American military guys identified a tiny white dot in the middle of the arctic as a US airforce base they were stationed on.

DR Kronenbourg

Distinguished Member
I think it's pretty accurate. There was a discussion over on Reddit where some American military guys identified a tiny white dot in the middle of the arctic as a US airforce base they were stationed on.

i wonder if thats the one i see at the north of Greenland.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom