Multimedia gateway alternatives (sky channels over DVB)

Tehlicn

Novice Member
Reaction score
First post on here, open to corrections on forum etiquette.

I'm working on a job in a multi dwelling unit where the client wants to provide about 12 specific sky channels to each room. They've got a card for each channel. Looking at the ATX MD16 Sky Bright box, seems it would be the best solution but the client doesn't have enough separate rooms to quality for the install. Besides the traditional method of having a separate sky reciver for each channel passing through a multi channel DVB converter/digitizer, are there any alternatives to something like the ATX MD16? Which decode off of multiple cards and broadcast over dbv or Ip?

Your question has been moved here as you have originally posted in the AV Amps board.

Welcome to the forum although I’d never heard about this system until now and it’ll be interesting to find whether anyone else has!

what are the channels?
a few of the sport channels

Your question has been moved here as you have originally posted in the AV Amps board.
thankyou

An easier way to say it is really: Is there a system as simplified as the ATX MD60 for decoding 12 different sky card channels, then modulating the signal to DVB for easy distribution to multiple different rooms? I'm trying to avoid setting up 12 different sky receivers that are old and buggy so if there are any sky approved receivers that can handle multiple cards that would be a big start

a few of the sport channels

thankyou

An easier way to say it is really: Is there a system as simplified as the ATX MD60 for decoding 12 different sky card channels, then modulating the signal to DVB for easy distribution to multiple different rooms? I'm trying to avoid setting up 12 different sky receivers that are old and buggy so if there are any sky approved receivers that can handle multiple cards that would be a big start
The problem is what you are trying to do (legitimately) mimics what IPTV suppliers want to do, so I think you will find it difficult as thats the way sky want it to be.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom