1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

multi-zone amps?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by aris, Nov 4, 2002.

1. aris

aris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I'm looking for a 5 or 7 channel surround amp which has multi-zone capabilities. I.e. you can watch telly in one room via the amp and listen to a CD in another room with the same amp from a different source (CD in this case).

I know the Denon 3802 does this - but do any others? I heard that the 1803 does this - but could not find any details on the denon website.

2. Big_AL007

Big_AL007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I seem to remember reading about the 1803 doing that also, cant remember where for sure, but may have been on denon site...

I believe you can utilise the centre rear connection to do it.

3. dood

dood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Most Denon amps offer only one additional source to be played simultaneously. If you need more you need to get dedicated multiroom setups like those offered by QED. Beware, although the Denon amps allow you to select a different source for another room, only those models that have in built amplification for seven channels can amplify the speakers in the other room. I think the 3802 does this. However many of the lower range or older models have internal amplification for 5 channels which meand that you need to hook up another stereo amp to drive the speakers in the other room. This is what I do with my Denon 3300 ans it works superbly. For the speakers in the third and fourth rooms I've used the speakers A / B switch on my second amp plus a simple speaker switchbox from QED. Pyramids and Pronto complete the multiroom setup allowing access to any source from anywhere in the house and timers to turn things on and off as desired.

4. joshua_bond

joshua_bond

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Aris

The Yam630se has the ability to drive mulit room (i.e 2 rooms), one with multi-channel and the other stereo (A+B, A, or B). The snag is that I am not sure if the change between A and B is only done manually

5. Big_AL007

Big_AL007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Report in Decembers What HIFI states that the Denon 1803 does NOT do multi room !!
    What was stated on the denon web saying that it did was a mistake and that only the US version does multi room/source.
    Hope this helps.