1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi use DVI cable !

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by richjthorpe, Feb 4, 2005.

1. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi all,

I've got a Sharp LCD with a DVI-I input to it. First of all I'm going to get a 5m DVI-I to DVI-I cable with DVI-I to VGA adapter plugged on the end so I can run a laptop to the TV.

I'm going to feed the DVI cable under the floor boards and later in time might link the DVI cable to a DVI or HDMI source. The only problem being, these sources (DVD/Blu Ray/HD-DVD player or Digital AV amp) will probably have a DVI-D connecter making it physically impossible to connect a DVI-I cable (a la Denon x910 range).

Is there an adaptor that converts a DVI-I plug into a DVI-D plug or HDMI plug ?

Thanks,

Richie.

2. Eddy Boy

Eddy Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    You can get leads like from monster that go from DVI to HDMI. DVI-I means it can carry both digital and analogue picture data.
    So you could use a lead that goes from a 1910 DVI-D to a DVI-I connection as long as the TV gives you the option to select either the digital or analogue data.