Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Multi use DVI cable !

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by richjthorpe, Feb 4, 2005.

1. richjthorpe

richjthorpe
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I've got a Sharp LCD with a DVI-I input to it. First of all I'm going to get a 5m DVI-I to DVI-I cable with DVI-I to VGA adapter plugged on the end so I can run a laptop to the TV.

I'm going to feed the DVI cable under the floor boards and later in time might link the DVI cable to a DVI or HDMI source. The only problem being, these sources (DVD/Blu Ray/HD-DVD player or Digital AV amp) will probably have a DVI-D connecter making it physically impossible to connect a DVI-I cable (a la Denon x910 range).

Is there an adaptor that converts a DVI-I plug into a DVI-D plug or HDMI plug ?

Thanks,

Richie.

2. Eddy Boy

Eddy Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    You can get leads like from monster that go from DVI to HDMI. DVI-I means it can carry both digital and analogue picture data.
    So you could use a lead that goes from a 1910 DVI-D to a DVI-I connection as long as the TV gives you the option to select either the digital or analogue data.