1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi-SCART problem

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by stustap, Feb 5, 2005.

1. stustap

stustap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry guys I'm not much good at this cabling stuff :(

Basically I have the 3 videogame consoles (Xbox, PS2 and Gamecube) and my TV has 2 SCART sockets, one which is RGB compatible, one which isn't. So up until recently, I've been having to switch the SCART going into the RGB compatible input depending on which game console I'm using. As you can imagine, this is highly annoying...

So recently I bought a fully-wired 5-to-1 SCART box, and plugged it into the RGB input SCART on my TV. Here is the problem:-

Each console works perfectly if its the only one inserted into the SCART box.
    If both the PS2 and the Gamecube are inserted togther, each works perfectly.
    If the Xbox is inserted in any combination, the Xbox works perfectly, but I get picture and sound loss on both the PS2 and Gamecube.

So basically, I have all 3 plugged in, but I have to pull the Xbox out if I want to use one of the other 2. Why is this? Am I doing something wrong?

Also, I have noticted that if I leave the Xbox SCART half hanging out, I can get all 3 to work perfectly, but this is not ideal and often doesn't hold up.

Thanks in advance for any help! :thumbsup:

2. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +157
    Is yours an auto-switching box?

I had the same trouble connecting Video, Sky, PS2 and DVD through an auto 5 box.

In the end I bought a switchable manual box so each component was isolated from each other.

3. swin70

swin70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17