Multi Room Viewing - Extra Card?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Tezdread, Sep 10, 2005.

1. Tezdread

Tezdread

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I'm looking to have a DIY multi room sky feed, using a quad LNB and accessories and was wondering about a couple of things.

Firstly, would I need a viewing card for each digibox?
    Where would I get an additional one?
    Do I have to go through Sky to get the card and if not should they be informed of what I am doing? ;)

Thanks

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    If you have no viewing card, you will only receive the "free to air" channels, which are basically the BBC channels, Sky News, and a handful of shopping channels. If you buy a viewing card (which you can get from Sky), for a one-off fee of £20, you will receive about 120 channels, including ITV (but not E4). If you buy a second viewing card from Sky for DIY multi-room, it will cost you an extra £10 a month, and you'll get all the channels you get on your existing box.

3. Tezdread

Tezdread

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Nick :thumbsup:

4. Heinz

Heinz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Sorry, that 120 channel nonsense is Sky 'spin'.

The £20 'freesat' card decrypts ONLY ITV1, ITV2, Channel 4 and five - and so buying one adds ONLY 4 TV channels to the over 150 TV channels and over 50 radio channels that you could receive without it. In the near future, ITV1 and ITV2 will go FTA, so they won't have to be decrypted either.

A Sky digibox without a card of any sort will receive the channels marked FTA on THIS website.