Question Multi room system based on Sonos Five

Eaststander

Novice Member
I have been using a Bowers & Wilkins A5 to play my own music from my iMac and Apple devices with Apple Airplay. It has been extremely frustrating because the music keeps cutting out at random intervals, and the technicalities of curing this are beyond me. My wifi in all other respects works fine.
I want to move to a multi room system based on the Sonos Five, and am wondering if I am going to get the same problems with Sonos. I am not interested in streaming music from another source - just want to play my own music from my devices. Will be grateful for any advice.

larkone

You will not know until you can test it with a Sonos 5 in your environment. You are streaming from the Apple devices and they will remain the same as you are only changing the receiving device. If it is the sending devices that have the issue then this will not change.

Try some of these suggestions

xmb

I have found AirPlay and Apple devices will show up failing Wi-Fi routers before any other device on your network. If you have a ISP supplied router more than 3-years old I would start by replacing this., ideally for a MESH based system. Alternately, use the ISP router modem mode, or if not possible, such as with BT routers, turn off the Wi-Fi on the ISP router and use a MESH system in Access Point mode.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom