Multi-Room Sound / Denon HEOS Issues ....

Spritey64

Hello All:

I'm new here and pulling out what little hair I have. I would appreciate any advice / direction you could lend. I wish to have a speaker in my kitchen that offers CONCURRENT sound from my living room whatever is on (music via Denon, TV via FireBox, etc). There is

My Receiver is: Denon AVR-X1400H (has HEOS)

Sound / Source: Amazon FireBox (latest)

TV / Music: You Tube TV or Pandora

Bluetooth Spk: Open to suggestions (for 1 day, I had a Bose SoundLink II)

* The receiver does not offer the ability to play, concurrently, wired speakers & bluetooth at the same time.

* My preference is to have a speaker unit - like a Sonos or Denon 150. Prefer, not mandatory.

* I had some momentary success running a DAC box from the FireBox to a bluetooth transmitter for about 30 minutes. Something re-set (???) and I was never able to get working. I returned all (open to buying better quality).

* Denon offers a HEOS speaker which is suppose to do what I want (play sound in multi-speakers & rooms) but it only works with their receivers of ~ $1,500 & up. I tried and returned the Denon HEOS Home 150 & also confirmed with both Crutchfield & Denon about it not able to work.

It's a run of about 50 - 55 ft. from the stereo to where I'd ideally like it. Not much shorter for close to ideal. Too long for TOSLINK and doubt I'd be happy with a headphone cable that long. I don't trust the quality of the TOSLINK's offered on Amazon either. I do have (for about 90% of the run), drop ceilings underneath to be able to run such.

I know I can have speakers added to the ceiling (& I might settle for that) - I have concerns about symmetry as there are 6 other 'can lights' and it'd likely involve some holes and I don't feel like spot / whole painting. I'm quite handy - I do not excel at painting.

Question: Is there a way to send the signal from a DAC (again, splitting a HDMI & _____) the longer distance and a few feet away from the speaker - change to TOSLINK and use a 'reasonable' sized cable? Think CAT5? Other?

I'm now thinking of a wired Denon or Amazon Echo Studio - they both offer TOSLINK. I have an issue with the distance.

I am very open to any solution. Any other thoughts are very welcome (including getting over my fear of ceiling speakers)

Thanks for your time. Please ask any questions I am not clear on.

George
(Spritey64)

D

Deleted member 24354

Sell your 1400 buy a 2x00 series avr and run some cables onto Zone 2 outputs from the AVR to a second set of speakers. I have a 2400 in my kitchen that runs my kitchen speakers on zone1 and my patio speakers on zone 2. I can play the same source on both sets of speakers at the same time.

Spritey64

Sorry - forgot to mention. I have that capability (Zone 2). I'm also using it for outside.

Hoping to run a solo 'mini-speaker' and nor wired. Any suggestions on extending the signal of TOSLINK or similar?

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom