1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Room Sky problem

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by candg, Aug 30, 2005.

1. candg

Aug 5, 2005
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I am installing a multi room AV system for a friend in a barn conversion.

There are 2 Sky boxes installed, fed by a quad LNB.

Sky box 1

1 Sky box is feeding a Panasonic 42" Plasma screen through the Panasonic tuner box via RGB.

Sky Box 2

I am planning to route the second Sky box is through a Denon AVR3805 receiver via an RGB to Component converter and out to a second Panasonic plasma screen (via RGB Scart board) and Sony Video Projector (via Component Video input).

My problems are as follows:

The signal strength and quality bars on the setup screen in the Sky boxes were at about 25 to 30% and the signal is locked but the picture quality is not at all good. I contacted Sky who were franky useless but they sent out an engineer !! The bloke replaced the LNB and now the signal strength and signal quality are at about 30 to 40% and locked. There is still very poor definition and it seems as if you are watching the screen through a haze. DVD playback through both screens is excellent. I have contacted Sky who were their usual helpful selves (thats a joke!!!) and stated that as long as the signal is locked that there should be no problem and frankly were unable to help at all. I am wondering how I can improve the Sky images to these plasma screens. The owner of the barn has suggested getting a larger and higher mounted dish to see if that improves the picture quality (personally I doubt that this will make a difference.

Is there any way I can split the RGB output of the second Sky box to give 2 equal quality RGB outputs in order to feed the Second plasma screen (via RGB scart) and video projector (via Component Video outputs of the Denon reciever( ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as Sky have given up on the problem

Many thanks