Real Ramona

Standard Member
Reaction score
My partner is about to move to a new house and her old JVC system has broken. So I am looking to set her up with something low cost but versatile. eg not NAIM :/
She needs CD player, DAB and some way to stream Spotify.
My initial thoughts were Cambridge Audio One, or Denon D-M41, but then she asked about having multiple speakers, so she can have it in front room and dining room. Well the Cambridge and Denon only have output for a single speaker pair. So then looked at Marantz Melody CR412. That would do 4 speakers. But now am thinking about wireless. Looked at the Yamaha CRXN470D which has its own Musicast ecosystem, so she could have speakers in kitchen or wherever. The only downside to this seems to be lack of optical input for the CCA that I am giving her.
But could use analogue there. So what other options do we have here? I realise the amp would have to have network connection to work here so that already narrows things down a bit.
Thanks

Have you thought about the Denon RCD N-10. Heavily discounted in a number of places Denon CEOL RCD-N10 Hi-Fi-Network Black CD Receiver with HEOS .
It gives you very respectable sound, a lot of connectivity choices in regards to multi-room, and is Alexa compatible. I owned its predecessor with a set of Q Acoustics Concept 20 speakers and was well pleased with it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom