• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Multi room HDMI Splitter Question

joe.skids

Established Member
Hi

I want to have 2 different rooms with a tv and 5.1 audio but share the V+, Blu ray and Xbox sources.

Will this work???

HDMI from V+ to a Neet splitter, 1 HDMI output to a Denon AV Reciever (for room 1) and 1 HDMI output to an Onkyo Reciever (for room 2) then the output from each reciever to 2 different TV's.

This will be the same setup for a blu ray player and xbox going into the other inputs on the recievers.

Thanks
Joe

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
The only way to know for sure is to install the kit and give it a try - HDMI is a complex pipeline and what should work on paper doesn't always work when you actually assemble the system.

How long are the cable runs from the 3 x splitters to the AV Amps and from the AV Amps to the Displays?

Joe

joe.skids

Established Member
The only way to know for sure is to install the kit and give it a try - HDMI is a complex pipeline and what should work on paper doesn't always work when you actually assemble the system.

How long are the cable runs from the 3 x splitters to the AV Amps and from the AV Amps to the Displays?

Joe

Hi Joe

I thought as much. I need to buy 1 reciever and the 3 splitters though before I can test it all so it means spending around £500.

The 3 sources, the 3 splitters and the 2 recievers will all be housed in the same cupboard. I will use 1m HDMI cables but could probably get away with 0.5m. Both display's will be 10 metres away.

Thanks
Joe

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Make sure you can return anything you purchase if you run into problems!

I'm guessing the second AV Amp is the bulk of the 500.00 GBP outlay?

Ensure you have a decent flow of air through the cupboard if your housing two AV Amps in one 'rack'.

Joe

joe.skids

Established Member
Make sure you can return anything you purchase if you run into problems!

I'm guessing the second AV Amp is the bulk of the 500.00 GBP outlay?

Ensure you have a decent flow of air through the cupboard if your housing two AV Amps in one 'rack'.

Joe

Yeah, I am going to need to buy the onkyo 607 so thats the big spend.

I will be installing it all in what used to be our downstairs wc under the stairs so it is quite a large space. Air flow shouldn't be to much of an issue as I will be putting it all on shelves so it won't be enclosed.

I do also want to put the our combi boiler in the same place so heat is my main concern. Got a few ideas from a thread I started here

Thanks
Joe

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom