Question Multi room - different volumes?

Kernowjack

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have recently started managing a small hotel down in Cornwall and have been having some issues with playing music at one volume in 4 acoustically very different areas.

I have 4 Areas with speakers in:

1. Function Room

2. Lounge

3. Reception

4. Bar
At present these cable back to a central location where I have a Panasonic CD Player/AMP and Link to Spotify. Rated 20W.

I have recently purchased a Pyle Home PSPVC4 4 Channel High Power Speaker Selector which enables you to control the volume in each room and am set up as below:

upload_2018-5-3_17-54-26.jpg

This system cuts out when you try to increase the volume, and the sound only comes out on one set of speakers at a low volume.

Previously the set of 4 switches allowed all areas to be on at full volume.

Does anyone know why this is? How can I prevent the cut out?

So you have wired the speaker terminals from your amp to the set of A input terminals on your switcher. All of your output channels have Amplifier A selected, and all of your speakers are rated 8ohms?

Thanks for the reply!
Yes input in channel A and all outputs to A...
Unfortunately the speakers have no labels on - inherited from previous attempts. They all look like what I’d call a normal hifi speaker, various ages and makes.

Have you tried wiring the speakers one pair at a time directly to the amp?

Trying to run 4 pairs of speakers with a 20w amp may just be too much for it.

So what’s the answer?

Can I keep my cutrent setup, as it’s dab, cd, aux and Bluetooth in?

Is there something that can amplify the signal in line before the speaker volume selector?

Thanks

Last edited:
I think that realistically you may need a replacement amplifier with a little more power than 20w to effectively power 8 speakers

How much money do you have to spend?

I suspect two things -

1.) The Switching Unit is not the best quality.

2.) The Amp is too weak to drive that many speakers.

Personally I would suggest separate amps for each Zone, or perhaps two amps, one for the least used zones and another for the most used zones.

As to power, more than power you need a solid Power Supply. But it is hard to make a recommendations without knowing the potential working budget.

Can you tell us specifically what the model of the Panasonic Amp is, so we can look up images and specs. The specific thing I am wonder is whether the Panasonic has Pre-Amp outputs.

Steve/bluewizard

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom