1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Room Audio Advice

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by NickLovett, Dec 13, 2002.

1. NickLovett

NickLovett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Apologies in advance if this is not the most suitable forum...I am interested in anyone with advice regarding cheap multi-room solutions. I have a newly built pre-wired house with speaker wires running from celing locations in each listening room back to a central hub in my audio room under the stairs and cat-5 cable running from keypad back boxes flush fitted in each room to the same audio room. Does anyone have any ideas on the easiest way to utilise this cable to give me the ability to control each source independently from all the main rooms (approx 5 or 6).
    I would be happy with about 4 different sources feeding 4 or 5 rooms in total. Any advice would be appreciated.

Many Thanks
    Nick

2. lespaton

lespaton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You could start with the Linn website (www.linn.co.uk) and check out their "Knekt" and "Kivor" systems. It's expensive though.

3. dood

dood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    QED have a multiroom unit with in wall IR repeaters etc. From what I remember it is not a very high output system though.

4. dood

dood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    I've just seen exactly what you're looking for. The Sound and Vision Buyers guide 2003 (USA) reviews a Niles stereo multizone amp. 4 discrete sources can be used simultaneously, 6 stereo zones at 30 W per channel. In wall numeric pads and IR repeaters etc.

5. NickLovett

NickLovett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK.

I will investigate the Niles Amp and let you know the outcome
    Nice One

Nick