Multi-Region??

gap69

Standard Member
I'm thinking about buying the XBOX 360 HD-DVD.

Can anyone tell me if it is a multi-region player??

I have quite a large collection of Region 1 DVD's but don't want to buy a mechine that won't play them.

Steve-L

No it is not multi-region so your R1 SD-DVD's won't play on it if you plug it into your UK 360. HD-DVD's on the other hand are region-free so you can buy them from anywhere and they will still play.

gazzaman18

I always assumed that HD DVD'S were region free,but having a look on www.futureent.com when you look in the list it says region one.I want World Trade Centre on HD but I am a little reluctant to buy because that website is planting a small seed of doubt

D

Deleted member 92943

You may find that some sites are staing some HD-DVD movies and Players as Region 1 but most of the time that is simply to cover themseleves. ALL HD-DVD movies are region Free but coding is going to be added soon

J

Jowwns

You may find that some sites are staing some HD-DVD movies and Players as Region 1 but most of the time that is simply to cover themseleves. ALL HD-DVD movies are region Free but coding is going to be added soon

Amazon do this. Curriously, not for their blu-ray titles though.

gap69

Standard Member
Will the drive upscale standard DVD disc's to a higher image resolution like some other DVD players??

Steve-L

If you use it with a VGA cable then it will scale all the way to 1080P if your display will take it!

MickEP

Sorry if this is a silly question :confused:

I hopefully will be getting a HD-DVD Drive delivered on Thursday From Comet.
If I ordered some HD-DVD`s from Movietyme (region free)
and if Microsoft send an update to the 360 in the future,would it be possibe for them to make all UK drives Region 2 Only, and therefore make the Movietyme HD-DVD`s unplayable

Mick

gingercat

As region encoding doesn't exist yet, the discs don't contain anything to identify a region, so if you buy them now, you should be perfectly safe!

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
I am really waiting for an affordable hackable Standalone HD-DVD Player so it will play all regions thats the only thing thats stopped me buying this thing.

gingercat

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom