Multi-Region??

gap69

Standard Member
I'm thinking about buying the XBOX 360 HD-DVD.

Can anyone tell me if it is a multi-region player??

I have quite a large collection of Region 1 DVD's but don't want to buy a mechine that won't play them.

Steve-L

Novice Member
No it is not multi-region so your R1 SD-DVD's won't play on it if you plug it into your UK 360. HD-DVD's on the other hand are region-free so you can buy them from anywhere and they will still play.

gazzaman18

I always assumed that HD DVD'S were region free,but having a look on www.futureent.com when you look in the list it says region one.I want World Trade Centre on HD but I am a little reluctant to buy because that website is planting a small seed of doubt

D

Deleted member 92943

You may find that some sites are staing some HD-DVD movies and Players as Region 1 but most of the time that is simply to cover themseleves. ALL HD-DVD movies are region Free but coding is going to be added soon

J

Jowwns

You may find that some sites are staing some HD-DVD movies and Players as Region 1 but most of the time that is simply to cover themseleves. ALL HD-DVD movies are region Free but coding is going to be added soon
Amazon do this. Curriously, not for their blu-ray titles though.

gap69

Standard Member
Will the drive upscale standard DVD disc's to a higher image resolution like some other DVD players??

Steve-L

Novice Member
If you use it with a VGA cable then it will scale all the way to 1080P if your display will take it!

MickEP

Sorry if this is a silly question :confused:

I hopefully will be getting a HD-DVD Drive delivered on Thursday From Comet.
If I ordered some HD-DVD`s from Movietyme (region free)
and if Microsoft send an update to the 360 in the future,would it be possibe for them to make all UK drives Region 2 Only, and therefore make the Movietyme HD-DVD`s unplayable

Mick

gingercat

As region encoding doesn't exist yet, the discs don't contain anything to identify a region, so if you buy them now, you should be perfectly safe!

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
I am really waiting for an affordable hackable Standalone HD-DVD Player so it will play all regions thats the only thing thats stopped me buying this thing.

gingercat

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom