• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Multi-region & Zone Blu ray Player ?

Sam Ash

Established Member
Apart from the Oppo, does anyone do a more cost effective multi-region and muti-zone player ? All I'm after is a good HD signal, not really bothered about the extra bells and whistles.

skk3

Prominent Member
I would recommend Multi Region Magic as well.

Sam Ash

Established Member
See here mate by far the cheapest option. Tps seem to have put there prices up lately, multi region magic offer hardware mods so you can still update firmware.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/blu-...41-multiregion-bluray-3d-player-opinions.html

Thank you everyone - I really appreciate the kind help !!!

Mentm - I read that thread and found it extremely interesting. So did the firmware upgrade work ? What is the outcome of your test. Are you able to play multi-region DVD and multi-zone blu ray after the 4.02 upgrade ?

Could you kindly provide me with the contact details of the supplier who sells the player with the 1.02FW ?

Also, where can I get the Version 4.02 alternative FW ?

Cheers mate ! :smashin:

mentm

Prominent Member
Yes I changed the zone and tried a region b which said wrong zone, just need to buy some region a's now. I contacted a seller on amazon marketplace with manufacture date, since the firmware was released in November you want an older one, though no-one has confirmed if the new ones ship with the new or old firmware. I contacted caraudiosecurity and peter Tyson and they were December iirc (I have deleted the emails) the guys I used are no longer listed.

downloaded the firmware here post no. 77 The Pioneer BDP-61FD/63FD/150/450/LX56 2012 Blu-ray Player Thread

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom