1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi region tosh xs34

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by cejsmith, Apr 27, 2005.

1. cejsmith

cejsmith
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Decided to get the toshiba xs34.( The Panasonics Eh50 might be better in some ways but I want DV in and the extra 80gig is nice)I was just wondering if all multi region machines where the same, or which is the best supplier to buy from.

Thanks for the help.

PS when I get it I will probably need someone to tell me the best way of connecting it to my sky+ box and TV

PPS And if I should invest in a new set of leads

2. howardmg

howardmg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I bought mine from PRC last week and their modification doesnt play RCE coded region 1 discs. I've seen postings here which suggests that (sometimes) the RGB version does manage to play RCE, so if I were buying this week I would go with them.

3. bossnas

bossnas
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can someone tell me some RCE titles to try? I've got an XS34 from RGB Direct so can test if you like? I don't use it to play movies as I have a stand alone Panny player that I am more than happy with and it's completely silent compared to the Tosh. Overall I am really pleased with the Tosh for what it does.

Cheers
    Nas

4. sinclair

sinclair

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A friend has Crouching Tiger and Black Hawk Down R1 discs which he says are RCE. None of my R1 are RCE so he's going to lent them to me so that I can try them out. Likewise I have another player and a PC decryter so it's no biggy if it doesn't work. I think that ther are a few hacks.

AFAIK, stand alone DVD players don't have any fans, hard drives or the processing power of recorders so they're all silent in comparison. In this respect the XS34 is significantly better than I was expecting and in all other respects I found it to be superb value for money.