multi region Tosh 210E

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jonathan, May 6, 2003.

1. jonathan

jonathan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Apologies if this has been asked before.....have done a search but to no avail.
    I bought this machine about 18 months ago from Sevenoaks, paying the extra for the multi region option. Have only recently bought a couple of second hand dvd's, one US and one Brazilian sourced. Both these discs won't play properly, and show the same symptoms ie. sound fine but picture split into 3 horizontally and all flickery......totally unwatchable. Have tried both in the PS2 and same result. Are these symptoms the same as trying to play the wrong region discs in a single region player? Have Sevenoaks sold me a pup? A mate took the U.S disc and played it on his computer DVD/ROM fine. Can anyone shed any light for me before I make a complete plonker of myself with Sevenoaks?!! :confused:

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,560
    If your machine was single region only they wouldn't play fullstop so thats not the problem.

At a wild guess I would suggest the problem may lie with your TV, i.e. it's ability to handle NTSC disks (I am unsure what TV format Brazil uses but the US is obviously NTSC). Check your TV's specs to ensure it can handle NTSC playback (not all TVs can).