Multi Region PS2 for only £20 you must be joking

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ScottGreatorex, Jul 25, 2001.

1. ScottGreatorex

ScottGreatorex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes it true! HMV and Virgin have a memory card that makes your PS2 multi region and it will, i repeat, will play RCE discs!!!!

Just put the memory card in, put the cd in, let it load the software, take the cd out and then put in your R1 DVD and you're away multi region.

(Only problem is that you have to do this ever time :eek: )

Even though multi region £20, bargain!!

Scott :D

2. ScottGreatorex

ScottGreatorex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Play 247 have it as well only £17.99!!! It just keeps getting better and better!

3. pavlos

pavlos
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Actually Scott you forget to mention that the DVD Region X card solves the problem of the green screen that European Playstations have, that is you cant use RGB for DVD playpack, if you do you get a green screen, you can use RGB for Playstation games only, for movies you either use composite or S-video, so for me that the Region X card is perfect...

4. ScottGreatorex

ScottGreatorex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry i forgot that bit, good point. Multi-region for under £20 is reason enough to buy it, but its even better with the extra bits!!! (It would be nice if it disabled macro vision though (I'm not sure if it does because i haven't checked yet))but I'm not complaining, for £20 its probably the bargain of the century!! If anyone know of a better bargain then let us know. ;)

5. buckyball

buckyball

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Do you know whether connecting the PS2 to a TV via a component video cable gets round the 'green screen' RGB cable problem?

6. buckyball

buckyball

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just a quick follow-up to my previous post... The component cable allows full colour DVD playback when connected to an appropriate TV - sweeeet!

7. Jon Weaver

Jon Weaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Born in Bristol but now in Newport, (for my sins)
    Ratings:
    +717
    If you don't mind affecting your warantee, there is a really simple 'fix' to allow full RGB playback.

All you have to do is join 2 tracks together on the PCB...

Its really simple as the solder joint is fairly large.. But it is intrusive and means that you will have to open up your PS2...

8. cycomiko

cycomiko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought the Dvd X module the other day and I am really pleased. The picture quality is far better with the RGB output than my previous connection. I would definitely recommend it.

9. chic

chic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +871
    I also have the region x module & have entered the codes to remove the green screen when using rgb but I sometimes get wavy lines through the picture, any idea whats wrong.

10. I J S

I J S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having read about the Region X multi-region device on these forums I rushed out to HMV to part with my £20.The result - simply fantastic!<br />Just pop the disc in,select a region and hey presto!Even handles RCE and eliminates the green screen for RGB and component!<br />I have now connected my PS2 to my Toshiba 46WHO8B via component leads and I'm so impressed with the picture quality that I now use it as my main dvd source (Replacing my R1 Panasonic A110).<br />The quality is stunning.Watching the region 1 version of Hannibal and I just couldn't pick my jaw up from the floor.

If you have a PS2 the Region X is essential.I would even go as far as recommending buying a PS2 as your main dvd source thanks to this device.Of course doing this you also get cool gaming as a tasty side extra!

Ian (The_Limey)