1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi region Players from a shop

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Elaine, Dec 12, 2000.

1. Elaine

Elaine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have not a clue if I can buy a multi region DVD from a shop here the Panasonic RV 20 is advertized and on the Technotronics web site it says it is multi region is this only after it has been altered. Greece is behind in giving information.

2. Mad Max

Mad Max

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, from what I've gathered (and someone correct me if I'm wrong), DVD manufacturers have agreed not to produce multi-region players. I think that what is hapenning is that local dealers and Importers are applying mods before sale, to increase marketing value.

Some manufacturers may also be breaking the agreement, and producing off the shelf multi-region.

Whatever the situation, just make sure your reseller is an authorized dealer for that brand, and that your warranty applies to that particular reader.

Region hacks are here to stay, and most are very reliable.

Good luck

------------------
    An adult is just a kid with expensive toys.

Rui

3. gerryboy

gerryboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Elaine, I've just purchased the Sony dvd multi-region 535 in silver.
    I have not had a problem as yet, I have played R1 and R2 without any problems atall.
    I managed to purchase this system from web electricals for the pricely sum of £339.00
    This is cheaper than getting a region 2 from Curry's or Dixon's.
    I hope that this is of some use to you.

Gerry

4. petec

petec

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Elaine you could do worse than have a look at http://www.mailuk.com/acatalog/lg3200e.shtml
    I have recently bought a Toshiba sd100e from them.It will play any region dvd and cost about £230 including postage.It arrived the day after I ordered it,so this company is worth a look at.