Multi-Region Pioneer 868

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by loadsofleads, Nov 14, 2003.

1. loadsofleads

loadsofleads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm going to buy a Pioneer 868 Multi-Region DVD player but I've got one concern. If it's a Multi-Region player does that mean some greasy gimp has been in the players belly with a soldering iron. I don't fancy spending 800 Quid on a machine that got a void warranty and solder drips on the facia :(

2. mseabroo

mseabroo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Nope it means that some "greasy gimp" has pointed his remote control at it and sent a multiregion code to the player

Don't worry about people having poked about inside the player.
    At least not with Pioneer

:lesson:

3. ancientgeek

ancientgeek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you are only paying ten quid extra for multiregion, then I think you can assume that only covers taking it out of the box and zapping it with a remote. Taking the cover off and spilling solder would take the price up to at least forty quid.

My understanding is that Pioneer tell resellers how to do it. As DVD licensees, they are prohibited from actually shipping the player multiregion, but it's OK for the customer to have it done.

(I've ordered a multiregion 868 too)

4. Costas

Costas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    I also have a multiregion 868 on order. I can confirm that is made multiregion by remote control (normally a Philips pronto).