Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Multi-region Panasonic A100/Denon DVD2000

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ReTrO, Aug 11, 2003.

1. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Anyone know of a source for chips for a Denon DVD2000 (Panasonic A100 clone player from 1997)?

I've had my player for 4 years now and am finally needing it to play R1 discs. I have no need to buy another player, nor the finances to afford it or room to put it in.

Ta for any help.

2. Jules

Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,039
    I had a DVD2000 when DVD was first launched. (one of the very first folk to have one)

I don't know about a chip for it, but you can perform a DIY mod that makes it region 0.
    It will then play anything except RCE discs.

The procedure involves snipping one of the legs of a chip on the main board.
    Quite easy, and I think the instructions are somewhere on HCC's website.

The downside is that you might have some region 2 discs that won't play after the mod because they too are RCE.

Why not buy a cheap new multi region player instead.
    Even cheapies will probably perform better than the ageing DVD2000. How about a Toshiba from RS?