Multi region modification for PS2

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Tracey, Oct 16, 2001.

1. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ooh thanks, that sounds good. I may be asking for more info on exactly what to do when I get one. I was actually quite happy with a cheap £80 DVD player but my other half wants a playstation and he said he'll pay so it sounds like a good deal to me.

Tracey :)

2. Martin Clarkson

Martin Clarkson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you check out www.play247.com they are going them nice and cheap I think.

Ta ta

3. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been thinking about getting a DVD player for my bedroom and wasn't really bothered about it being top of the range as long as it plays most discs (I've already got an Arcam FMJ DV27), so I then had the bright idea of killing two birds with one stone and going for a playstation 2. I was sure that they are only region 2 and you can't get them modified (which is no good for me) but after reading this bulletin board it makes me think otherwise. Does anyone know where I can buy one that is multi region (or at least region 1 and 2) and how much it would cost.

Thanks!

4. dUnKle

dUnKle
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,278
    Just get one of those DATEL REGION X things, cost about £20 and allow you to play DVDs from ALL regions and also negates the green screen RGB playback thing.

You need to go to DATELS web site to get the correct codes and the thing needs to updated to get it running with the official PS2 Sony remote, but by all accounts it can be up and running in about 30 mins and from then on you have a multi-region player !

5. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, thanks, one more thing, it says that I need a memory card to use the DVD x, is a normal one ok or do I need an 8mb one, sorry I really don't have a clue about this I don't want to make the mistake of not having enough memory.

6. dUnKle

dUnKle
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,278
    not 100% sure but I think that the region x thing plugs into a memory card slot and a memory card then into that do nt think it actually uses any space on the memory card