Multi Region Hack for Phillips DVP520

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by Stocks, Sep 27, 2004.

1. Stocks

Stocks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know a hack for the Phillips DVP520 to make it multi region?

I have had a look but cant seem to find anything.

Would appreciate any help given.

Cheers all.

:) :lease: :smashin:

2. dx30

dx30

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    From memory you go to the "Preference Page" in the System Menu and enter "135566" to get to the hidden Region Code Menu.

3. blackhat

blackhat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This works perfectly, just remember to press menu afterwards to save the setting, Thanks :thumbsup:

4. Steve63

Steve63

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Hi, well thanks the multi region code, after buying 3 DVDs, Proline DVD1100, Matsui DVD225, & a Apex DV1100, and finding that there was 1 of 2 reasons i had to take them all back ..Either the Multi Region wouldnt work, or there was no multi region codes for them, or they Works with the RG codes, but wouldnt play VCDs, i finaly find a DVD player that has the lot.

Philips DVD DVP520 selling at Sainsburys super market at £49:99, on on there online site at (i think it was - £44:95) After seeing on the box saying it plays VCD, SVCD, Picture Cd, MP3s, CDR, CD-RW, Music CDs ? DVD+, DVD+RW, i thought well all the othersi took back where cheap ones like £29:99 to £39:and said VCD compatible, but was'nt i decided to get one of these Philips DVD player, mainly coz most of my movies are on VCD format.

Got it home plugged it in check to make sure it did play VCD (If it didnt it would of been the 4th player to be returned) luckly it played them, checked out the net for a Region hack, found this site, followed the above info, didnt work on first attempted, maybe didnt type it in correctly first time, 2nd time typed it in, a box appeared saying 2, i press (0) nothink happened, so i used the up & down keys on my controller, and i got it to (0), pressed menu, stuck in a Regional 1 DVD andworked first time.

Only if i had got one of these players the first time would of saved me lots of leg work...lol

Not a bad looking player, has pause & resume, but where is the Re-ject button on the remote controll..?????Would of been nice to have a reject button there.. Oh well.

Least i now have what i always wanted,
    DVD, VCD, SVCD, Picture CD, MP3, and much much more..

Steve63.

5. michael.redfern

michael.redfern

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +91
    Just thought I'd add my support for this hack. Bought one of these for the bedroom tv and the code given works a treat. Spat out my Region 3 Black Hawk Down when unhacked, then went through the motions, and it worked first time. No problems whatsoever.

Mike

6. elliot_01

elliot_01
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone had to manually set the region in order to play RCE discs?

I think I have a fair few of these DVDs. I have heard elsewhere that this Philips may permanently lock to the 25th region selected.

Can anyone comment?

Thanks all.

7. jimcarney

jimcarney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Mother in law bought me one for my birthday ,works a treat ,she bought at Xtra Vision here in NI £49 + £30 of rental vouchers !!!! £19 for a dvd player from Phillips cant be bad :thumbsup:

8. gur

gur
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Anyone know how i enable rgb via scart on the dvp520 please? can't see it in any menus?? any assistance much appreciated

thanks

9. maliaros

maliaros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    THIS **** CAN PLAY EVERYTHING!!!!!!
    I have just try to play MP3 music on a DVD disk that is not listed on manual that it can do.
    O **** ITS WORKING GREAT AND AM HAPPY BECAUSE I CAN LISTEN ALL MY MUSIC THAT IS WRITTEN ON DVDs mp3 format.
    I LOVE THIS MACHINE!!!!!!!!