Multi Region hack for Bang & Olufsen DVD1?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by pcavelle, Dec 3, 2002.

1. pcavelle

pcavelle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Hi - does anyone know if a multi region hack exists for this player or if not, a supplier who offers an upgrade.

Thanks

Paul

2. ncooper-kemp

ncooper-kemp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm told by my local friendly B&O dealer that yes there is an electronic hack that can be made but it immediately invalidates your B&O warranty. His advice was to wait until the warranty ran out, then have it done. I believe that the "hack" involves adding a small circuit board to the internals of the DVD1. The circuit board comes from a small Danish firm.

Best wishes,

Neil Cooper-Kemp

3. ncooper-kemp

ncooper-kemp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is probably far too late for you Paul, but I've just learned two things:

1. There is a great website for Bang & Olufsen owners: beoworld.co.uk

2. There is an easy hack of sorts for the B&O DVD1

The hack is as follows:

DVD1 must be powered off (mains lead out), with no disk, and connected to a TV.
    Hold down the << and >> keys and restore power. Release the keys.
    The display will show "r02" or similar, indicating the current region setting for the player. Use the << or >> key to change the 02 to the region you want. Then press the play button. After a few seconds the TV screen will go blue and this shows that your DVD1 is now re-coded.

However: There appears to be no "multi-region" setting, although the first time I tried to modify my DVD1 the display showed "r--" but after that I could never get back to it! Maybe if I'd been smart enough to hit play straight away it may have made my DVD1 multi-region. Who knows?

Also, I believe that one can only change the region setting for the DVD1 twenty times before it does something nasty, like stick [permanently on the last region setting you chose.

Hope this is useful, even if somewhat belated.

Neil

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    they can be chipped, and most good dealers will chip one for you.

5. spergabite

spergabite
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I seem to remember that this player can be hacked using a Palm organiser - with an infra red output. Somewhere there is a programme/code that will let you reprogramme the firmware via the infra red port - have a search out there and you should track the procedure down....