1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi region DVD

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by driscolp, Dec 12, 2000.

1. driscolp

driscolp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Before I start excuse my ignorance on this subject as I am new to the world of PC DVD.

I have just purchased a new PC with DVD drive and have a question on what I can and can't play on it. Being a home cinema fan I already own many Region 1 DVD's and would like to be able to access the DVD Rom features on these disks. I don't need to be able to play the movies throught the PC as I have a dedicated DVD player and w/s TV that is much more suitable for the job.

My question is this, if the disk is from region 1 will my DVD drive stop from accessing the DVD rom features as well as viewing the movie ? If this is the case is there something I can download that will make the drive multi region ? As I say it is only the DVD rom stuff I want to be able to view.

Can anyone help with this question.

Peter

2. Colonial Marine

Colonial Marine
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I don't own one personally but a good friend of mine in the IT trade tells me that depending on the hardware drive and the software player that you are using, you will be able to try 3 courses of action.

1) Try to get a hack for your software player.

2) try to get another software player which allows multiregion playback.

3) Depending on your skill level on PC's you could have two "boots" of windows, one which is R1 the other R2?

For your searching I suggest you use a good search engine like www.copernic.com this browses about 10-16 engines at once. Very useful. [​IMG]

3. GaryG

GaryG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0