Multi region AND Pal 50hz output???

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by L-Plate, Feb 1, 2001.

1. L-Plate

L-Plate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I currently have a Samsung 709 but am not very happy with it. Can someone recommens a player that is multi-region and also outputs a Pal video signal so I can...er...back my originals up? [​IMG]

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Eh - doesn't your player do this already???

3. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,669
    AFAIK, it's only certain SAMSUNG DVD players that have the option of TRUE PAL 625/50 output from NTSC DVDs. So, I'd suggest you stick with it. You don't say exactly why you aren't "happy" with it.

The only alternative is a *better* DVD player, but, in order to make "backups" without true PAL/625/50 output you'll also need a standards converter (costing anything from £300-£700) - they are available from Lektropacks.

OR - a multistandard VCR capable of recording NTSC/525/60 OR a VCR with standards converter built in (there is a SAMSUNG VCR which has this - costs about £700).

[This message has been edited by nigel (edited 02-02-2001).]

4. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hitachi 250 should be PAL50 compatible, not sure about macrovision defeat though ...

------------------
    If I can't eat it, drink it or fudge it, I ain't interested.

5. I am maximus

I am maximus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi I have good news on the backup side of things I am about to buy a Thomson vth 7090 vcr this will record in either 3.58/4.44 ntsc handy to back up those region 1 discs all at the price of £239.00 from Comet at Farnborough

6. Ian M

Ian M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You could try the LG3200 (need a chipped one though) does PAL 50 from NTSC DVD and can be macro disabled and multi region by chipping. I've got one, works great.

7. Chris Webster

Chris Webster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Worth looking around for that video recorder - I just picked the same one up from Currys for £179.

On the subject of a DVD player with Pal50 output - The Hitachi 505 does it. Multi region via disc upgrade but needs chipping for Macro off

8. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I need some info on the thomson video can someone please post a link
    Ive been to my local comet but the muppet who worked there said they DONT record ntsc
    and they wanted £229 for it.

9. bradavon

bradavon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Turn Off Quasi Pal and your Samsung 709 will output Pal 50 (For Region 1 video backups).

I know because I used to have one.

Alex

10. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I managed to get one of the thomson videos(vth6080) that will record ntsc but when i play the video back on the kids player (ntsc playback) i get lines going across the screen.
    I have done everything it says in the manual but i still get the lines
    As i am in the process of throwing it against the wall can anyone shed any light on what i am doing wrong.

11. I am maximus

I am maximus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Firstly this is for Rizzla,I work for Comet and we are all not muppets the Thomson video records in ntsc definately.The price difference suggested by someone else maybe becausethe machine that has sky digital control is the vht 7090 and not the vhp 7090 which is cheaper come down and see me at Farnborough