• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Multi output LNB

Jason Bourne

Established Member
Hi all

I'm posting this question on behalf of a friend because I know next to nothing about satallite TV as I don't own it.

He's looking for a multiple output LNB ( 8 way) and wants to know a decent make.

Are the one's on e-bay for £15 just junk?
It's for a caravan site so picture quality doesn't have to be 100%....as long as it's watchable.

Cheers

fernandez

Distinguished Member

Make your own mind up about this on the Satcure site

Q. Why are your LNBs so expensive compared with those on eBay?

A. Because ours are not stolen from Sky. Our prices are actually very competitive.

Hi all

I'm posting this question on behalf of a friend because I know next to nothing about satallite TV as I don't own it.

He's looking for a multiple output LNB ( 8 way) and wants to know a decent make.

It's for a caravan site so picture quality doesn't have to be 100%....as long as it's watchable.

Cheers
When I first read it I though he wanted it for a caravan. I'm thinking that's a huge caravan he's got there.

If he wants it for a site then I assume he wants a single feed into eight caravans. I suppose the vans furthest away from the dish might struggle a bit unless he uses top quality cable and a bigger dish. Might be better to go for two dishes with a quattro LNB.

SamRadford

Prominent Member

Choice of LNB has no effect whatsoever on picture quality, since the multiplexed signal incorporates error correction. What's important is that the dish is large enough to collect enough signal to overcome "rain fade" and cable losses. In southern England I'd recommend 80 or 90cm. Further north he may need larger.

Jason Bourne

Established Member
Hi all

Just to clarify, my mate owns a static caravan on a small site, and he and a few of the other owners just want one dish to feed half a dozen vans. He already has the dish, and the technical know-how, but since it's not every day you buy a mutli-port LNB he just wanted to know if an expensive one would make much difference in this case and what was a decent make.

Thanks for the comments so far.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom