1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi LNBs, Sky compression and dish alignment

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Alex R, May 16, 2005.

1. Alex R

Alex R
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have just increased my dish size to 80cm, focused on Astra 19.2E. I am receiving the Astra 2 satellites on a second LNB and plan to add Eutelsat on 13 degrees East for JSTV.

I was wondering about digital compression. If the receiver is not receiving as fine a signal as previously, will this effect the picture quality at all in terms of compression quality, or will it simply start breaking up once it goes below a particular thresh hold.

Similar to a CD, I always presumed the signal would remain the same until it goes below what is acceptable. However, I'm not sure if it's me just over examining the picture, but I'm sure the picture is more pixelated on action than before since I installed my new dish. Would this be the case if the signal was not as strong as previously?

Also, as mentioned above, I plan to use another LNB offset to Eutelsat 13E for JSTV. Do you think the signal will be strong enough for an offset LNB (the dish is focused on 19.2E), or should I direct the dish on Eutelsat and offset Astra 1 and 2. I'm worried this would make Sky too far offset.

Any opinions?

Thanks

Alex