Multi LNB for 28.2E, 19.2E and 5.0W in 120cm dish

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by lykeas, Dec 22, 2011.

1. lykeas

lykeas
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,
    I have a 120cm dish pointing towards 19.2E. I want to set a another 2 LNBs pointing at 28.2E and if possible 5.0W.

I am a novice so I have no idea how to align the second and third LNB (that if dish does not need to be realigned). Do you get some measurments from somewhere with the distances/angles or u use a satmeter (but then again how do u know that the signal you're receiving is the one from the right satellite???)

Many thanks!!!

2. Ghostleader

Ghostleader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +398
    Your location is important!, where are you mate? I get those three on a 80cm up here in central Scotland.

By the sounds of your current setup you must not be in the U.K.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2011
  3. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,729
    Welcome to AVF, lykeas - it sounds like you need a local satellite installer to fix this for you.

4. lykeas

lykeas
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm in the north east of spain, close to Girona!

5. lykeas

lykeas
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would gladly pay for that, thing is I called many local installers and apparently they didn't know much(if at all) about multi LNB setups (they told me you could get signal from satellites 6º apart using the monoblock but if I wanted more thann that I should go for either a motor or another dish...). SO yeah , It's been kind of hard to find the right people to do that. It's not like a FTA dish setup is popular, at least in this part of spain(nobody has that)

6. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,729
    Yes, most monoblocs are meant for receiving 13E and 19E.
    That dish should be able to take three separate LNBs on a bracket but clearly it's a matter of finding someone to do it for you, unless our posters can answer the questions in your original post.

7. pedro2000uk

pedro2000uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,065
    We can do all 3 sats here on one 45cm Sky dish - but you should use the 1.2 there mostly aimed at 28e for the weaker 2D beam,

19.2e is very strong for a 1.2 there so it will be fine put at the side.

5w is strong there too - it's just a long way from 28e when 28e is in the middle [here 19e or 13e would be in the middle so 5w wouldn't be as far out from the middle]

If I was installing it, I'd start with 28e in the middle on 2D- measure it for reception & slowly move it out from the middle to it's limit to give acceptable margin so as to give 5w the best chance- 5w only has to see a very small area of the 1.2. If I couldn't get decent readings for 28e & 5w then I'd aim the 1.2 to 28e - use one lnb for 19e & use a 60cm dish for 5w.

What make of dish is it.... the bracket/s you use depends on the dish make &/or design - Channel Master & Prodelin feed support arms can get in the way & prime focus dishes add shadow for each lnb.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  8. lykeas

lykeas
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for your reply!!

To be honest I don't know exactly what make is that, I asked the supplier for a 3 lnb support for 28, 19 and 5W...he told me he had to check whether it is available for my dish and should call me soon.

I've seen in this website(Satellite Finder / Dish Pointing Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com) that they have a multi-LNB setup for 28,19 and 5W and the orientation is something in between this 3 satellites. What they dont tell you is how the LNBs are aligned.

9. machare

machare
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I doubt that you will get 28.2E and 5w on the same 120cm dish. I can do it on my Wavefrontier T90 in the UK, but the T90 is specially designed to have a span of about 40deg, and even then there is some fall of at the extremes.