Multi disc

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by rmj, Jan 5, 2007.

1. rmj

rmj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a multiroom set up at home (and one source is for DVD to play over cat 5.

My query is this - what is the best way to distribute DVD material? I am looking at multichangers and they only seem to be made as 5 disc options. Am I missing something but do people not want more than that as their option to distribute DV around the home??

I understand you can get 300 disc options but that's overkill for me. Is there nothing in between?

I have a NAS for audio (Sonos) I'm unclear why you cant do the same for DVD? ie rip DVD onto a HDD.

New to all this, so Fisher Price explainations gratefully received. Thanks!

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,504
    Hello rmj

SnaZio, KISS, NeoDigits, PMS, Ziova etc all provide Networked Media Players that will stream your video (SD and HD) and audio files from a NAS or Media server - with various limitations/requirements inherent in each player.

You install a Networked Media Player in each room (or zone) and can run concurrent sessions from a single NAS/Media Server.

Most folk go for these units because of the ability to stream certain HD file formats - see http://www.avforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104 for more threads/info on the various players.

Best regards

Joe