Multi Angle on Yam S540

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dfield2000, Jan 1, 2004.

1. dfield2000

dfield2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi,

I've had a Yammy S540 for a week now, and very happy I am with it too, but while watching a disk with multi angle present it insists on displaying the multi angle switch option jobber in the top corner of the screen - and I can't switch it off.

Very annoying, as while watching the excellent 'Rings Around the World', the display stays on ALL the way through playback of the whole disk. My Toshiba had an option in setup to switch this off - but I can't find anything on the Yam.

Please don't tell me that you can't switch it off !

2. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +219
    I remember I had this problem on a Compacks DVD5000. When I finally found what was causing it, it was just a minor option something like 'Angle Mark'. Basically the Compacks had an option that if there was a angle choice it came up on screen and this was on by default but you could switch it off.

3. dfield2000

dfield2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I've been through all the setup options and looked at the manual, but I can't find anything.

Could some friendly fellow S540 owner play a multi-angle scene to see they also suffer the same problem ? I'd be awfully greateful.

Like I said, it is displayed all the way through 'Rings Around the World'. I was reading about this player on a website while I looking up the region code hack, and someone mentioned that some are shipped with a firmware upgrade - I wonder if this is a 'bug' which has since been corrected ?