1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Muliti Toshiba SD2109 from Hi Spek Electronics

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by geo1973, Oct 14, 2000.

1. geo1973

geo1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a mulit toshiba sd2109 from hi spek electronics, and i am pleases so far as all r1 titles play without any problems.
    how can i find out if i my chipped toshiba can allow selection of region code, ie.. for using the new RCE titles.

any info would be appreciated.

------------------

2. DaveH

DaveH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Hi,

I don't wont to be the bearer of bad news. But I tried the Patriot on my parents 2109 which is an Auto region selector and it did NOT work. It was fine on my Sony though.

I have asked if anyone has any idea what can do in the PATRIOT PLAYS FINE thread. Check there.

Also check out the Clever DVDs thread in the home cinema problems forum.

Dave

3. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Geo,
    The first thing to do is to get in touch with HI-Spek. They of all people will surely know? A friend at work has the same player. It has auto & manual region change. I'll ask him how the manual change works, but I'll not be seeing him until next wednsday at earliest. Did you not get any instructions from Hi-Spek when you bought the player?

------------------
    My Site
    www.baldyplex.com

4. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, Hope this works.
    I assume you know how to get into the players parental control menu? You'll need the password. If you've not altered it, it should be 0000 Then select 1 for R1 or 2 for R2. Save & exit menus. MAKESURE THERE IS NO DISC IN THE TRAY. Switch off for about 30 secs. When you switch on, hopefully it'll be in the region you set it to.
    Good luck.

------------------
    www.baldyplex.com

5. Matt @ DVD Debate

Matt @ DVD Debate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been sent info from people who claim to be able to play The Patriot on Toshibas, but I haven't been able to confirm, as I don't have either The Patriot or a Tosh.

"Put the disc in, let it start, hit stop. then choose Title 1, Chapter 2 and hit play. Film should play.
    Possible problems if you try and go to the menu though."

DVD Times has this for the 100:
    Insert the disc and wait for the RCE screen to appear
    Press 'Memory' on the remote control
    Enter title 01, chapter 00
    Press Enter

So it looks like you need to play with the Title command.

Note: The menu will probably crash out no matter what.