1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Muliplayer Games

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by ytgti, Mar 31, 2003.

1. ytgti

ytgti
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Whats everyone playing at the mo, ive just been getting into playing online with other people, and i think its great. I havn't bought any new games for a wile, but the last multiplayer game i played was Red Faction. I bought TOCA 2 (sold out £4.99) the other day (yeah i know its old) and saw the multiplayer game. But know one was online, not supprising really.

But what games are/do people play online, are they just new games or do people still play old games.

If people mentioned a list of whats a populer online game, i would proberly go and buy it. :smoke:

2. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    I usually only play Counterstrike online at the moment, waiting for the next big games to come out. Half Life generations, which includes counterstrike is only 20 quid, the cheapest game you will ever play, the amount of hours you get for that is amazing.

Currently waiting for this years big online releases, which includes EVE online and Star Wars Galaxies.

3. z5461313

z5461313

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Battlefield 1942

56k modem is a bit slow thats the only problem. ISDN or ADSL is ok

Theres planes flying around, tank battles and infantry battles. Also there are beach landings and ship battles.

Its really an arcade type game that makes it so much fun and you can play with upto 64 players at one time

4. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was playing Battlefield 1942, but now I've gone back to Day of Defeat, in anticipation of 4.0. Man, that's a solid game.

5. Zef

Zef

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Unreal Tournament.

Its amazing how crap you become when your not playing solidly every night - I felt like a right noobie playing unreal Tournament for the first time in about 10 months.

6. ytgti

ytgti
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've got this (Half life Generations), i love it, tried to play online but i needed to down load the update. Thing is it was about 3hours to download and BT Openworld only lets you stay on 2hours at a time. If only i knew this at the time i wouldn't of had to leave my computer on trying to download it every now & then. Got AOL now so i'm gonna try again.

I'm thinking of buying this but i've only got a 16mb graphics card :( so i'm not sure if it'll run or not.

7. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    If you download DAP (download accelerator plus) you can break a connection and re- download from where you left off last time. Its very usefull when you have a slow connection as you can download larger files in more than one go! Ohh and it's free (it may have spy ware so be sure of the benefits before you use)

http://download.com.com/3000-2071-10127147.html?part=speedbit&subj=dlpage&tag=button

8. ytgti

ytgti
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Cheers Hawklord, i've heard of these before, but never got round to using them!

Right, i'm downloading csv1.5 or 15 Is this the right version? I'm not sure what version i've got, but it was the half life generations pack (without blue shift) that i bought about 2 years ago! the version is full and it started counting down from about 8 hours :eek: :eek: Should be done just in time for when i get up.

OH NO, ive just canceled it by clicking X instead of minimise.:mad: :suicide: :rolleyes:

Here we go again.

9. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    ytgti,

if you only have a 56K modem then it is most likely not worth the effort of trying Battlefield 1942 as this is a real hog. You need broadband to play it properly and even then it lags.

Some games you might want to check out are online RPGs, games like Diablo 2, Everquest, Anarchy Online are all good games and work with low end PCs and 56K connections.

10. boogie man

boogie man
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I play Frontline Force Half-life mod :smoke:

Day of Defeat half-life mod

Unreal :suicide:

Just getting into motoGp For The PC Mad Fast Fun & Crashing alot :eek:

Boogie man

11. MAXPING

MAXPING

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Medal of Honour Allied Assault and add on Spearhead are worth a shot if youre on 56K as long as you stick to servers with approx 8 or less players.Maps are small not like Black Hawk Down wich i have given up on till we get Broadband in a couple of months ( i hope ! ).

12. z5461313

z5461313

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Hi

Well I've just joined a club for Battlefield1942, and we are in a league

We now use voice communications to each other when playing the battles, and this is something that everyone should try at least once

We use Teamspeak, and then during the game, there is a constant radio chatter between ourselves, notifying of anything that happens, such as new targets that appear, or if someone needs repairing

eg Big Al, do you need repairs,
    Big Al replies Negative, ok for the moment
    ...and it goes on like this throughout the game

It really is a different way to play a game, and as I say, you should try this at least once to experience it

13. MAXPING

MAXPING

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No problems with brats abusing it ?

14. z5461313

z5461313

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Hi Maxping

No, because we have a seperate server for the team speak, for our club, so its only our club members that connect to the same team speak channel

15. MAXPING

MAXPING

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorted ! sounds good will have to have a go!