Mulholland Drive: 20th Anniversary Collector's Edition 4K UHD

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Links: Amazon.co.uk - HMV - Zavvi

Standard Edition: Amazon.co.uk - HMV - Zavvi

Release date: 06/12/2021 (Standard Edition: 31/01/2022)

MD_CE_4K.jpg

This 20th Anniversary Collector's Edition includes 4K restoration (approved by David Lynch) on UHD and Blu-ray in inner digipack, 2 posters and set of 5 artcards, booklet including essays from Anna Smith and David Jenkins packaged in an outer clamshell box featuring all new artwork.

Special Features:
  • Back to Mulholland Drive
  • On the Road to Mulholland Drive
  • Interview with Laura Harring
  • Interview with Mary Sweeney
  • Interview with Angelo Badalamenti
  • Introduction by Thierry Jousse
  • In the Blue Box

Standard Edition:
MD_4K (SE).jpg

Criterion (US) Link: Criterion.com - WowHD

Release date: 16/11/2021 (US)

MD_4K (Criterion).jpg

DIRECTOR-APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES:

• In the 4K UHD edition: New 4K digital restoration, supervised by director David Lynch and director of photography Peter Deming, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack (4K UHD disc only)
  • In the 4K UHD edition: One 4K UHD disc of the film presented in Dolby Vision HDR and one Blu-ray with the film and special features
  • On the Blu-ray and DVD: Restored 4K digital transfer, supervised by Director David Lynch and director of photography Peter Deming, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray
  • Interviews from 2015 with Lynch; Deming; actors Naomi Watts, Justin Theroux, and Laura Harring; composer Angelo Badalamenti; production designer Jack Fisk; and casting director Johanna Ray
  • On-set footage
  • Deleted scene
  • Trailer
  • English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • PLUS: A booklet featuring an interview with Lynch from the 2005 edition of filmmaker and writer Chris Rodley’s book Lynch on Lynch

New Cover by Fred Davis

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Studio Canal again. Await reviews then.

Would be a blind buy as still never seen this :eek:

Yeh weird if it wasn’t to be. Bit of a fan of Naomi so i’ll probably have to buy this one. Even if it is blind :D . Hopefully a Steelbook as I don’t want a fat UK case.

Yeh weird if it wasn’t to be. Bit of a fan of Naomi so i’ll probably have to buy this one. Even if it is blind :D . Hopefully a Steelbook as I don’t want a fat UK case.
Wow you are in for a treat. I hope you like your Lynch films...

Well I liked the Straight Story and Twin Peaks back in the day.

The other select Lynch stuff i’ve seen (Dune, Blue Velvet) is just bat**** crazy :rotfl:

Well I liked the Straight Story and Twin Peaks back in the day.

The other select Lynch stuff i’ve seen (Dune, Blue Velvet) is just bat**** crazy :rotfl:

Well all those are pretty straightforward compared to Mulholland Drive... ;)

i mean its more straightforward than inland empire, but dune & blue velvet are quite straightforward in comparison

this is a day one purchase, great film, one of the classics

Shamefully have never seen it despite being a huge fan of all Lynch's works, so this is an instant pre-order for me.

Shamefully have never seen it despite being a huge fan of all Lynch's works, so this is an instant pre-order for me.
A huge Lynch fan who has never seen one of his very best films?!

Its my joint-favourite along with Blue Velvet.

Oh yeah its Cronenberg. Yeah Lost Highway needs a proper remaster and a decent edition. Lynch turned down Kino and did'nt want to work with them.

This seems to confirm that this is gonna be Criterion's first 4K. Which might not be a good thing given their UK prices! I wonder if Studio Canal will release one as well?

Maybe in the US but the rights for UK/EU are with StudioCanal and the Cannes announcement already mentions Collectors release by StudioCanal so I’d expect a typical pattern of a Collectors Edition, Steelbook and then Standard at a later date from them.

Maybe in the US but the rights for UK/EU are with StudioCanal and the Cannes announcement already mentions Collectors release by StudioCanal so I’d expect a typical pattern of a Collectors Edition, Steelbook and then Standard at a later date from them.
Lets hope FIM are involved with the 4K then..

Criterion have announced this now officially, for the US at least anyway, could still be StudioCanal for the UK, details TBC:
We’re thrilled to announce Criterion’s first 4K Ultra HD releases, a six-film slate that includes Citizen Kane, Menace II Society, The Piano, Mulholland Dr., The Red Shoes, andA Hard Day’s Night. The first of these editions and their special features will be detailed in our November 2021 announcement next week, with others to follow in subsequent months.

Each title will be available in a 4K UHD+Blu-ray combo pack including a 4K UHD disc of the feature film as well as the film and its special features on Blu-ray. Select films will be presented in Dolby Vision HDR and Dolby Atmos. Stay tuned for more details in our November announcement!

OP updated with Criterion release details.
UK/EU release will be via StudioCanal as expected.

See it's £38.60 delivered from WowHD:

Not sure if I want to pay that for a vanilla release. I'm building up to the Criterion UHD of Citizen Kane so we'll see how I feel about that. I might go with Diabolik instead.

or better still wait for the twice yearly criterion sale.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom