Mulan (Disney+) Movie Review & Comments

Honestly, at the moment, I'd rather pay a premium price for something on Disney+ than trip off out to the cinema. My son keeps asking if we can watch this so after reading this, I think I'll be getting popcorn in for the weekend and settling down in the comfort of my own home to chillax with this.

In case anyone is still under the illusion that Mulan made money:

You can now buy ‘Mulan’ on other subscription services for the same price Disney+ subscribers paid to rent it.

But it gets worse.

You also get extras including documentaries and deleted scenes that Disney+ subscribers didn't get.

.....and there's more :)

But not only do you get to keep the movie, watch all the extras that the Disney+ subscribers don't get, you also get to view it in 4K.

Here's a link to the original article.

Sorry, Disney Plus subscribers, now anyone can buy ‘Mulan’ for the same price you paid to rent it

It was always a joke of a purchase rental. A poor decision from Disney, and one that I hope isn't ever repeated. I was under the impression too that it would have been a lot longer until it was available elsewhere. So the fact it's already arrived makes it even worse. Hopefully the people that did dive in don't do so again if Disney try and repeat the stunt.

If they'd released it in cinemas I'd have gladly gone and watched it.

It was always a joke of a purchase rental. A poor decision from Disney, and one that I hope isn't ever repeated. I was under the impression too that it would have been a lot longer until it was available elsewhere. So the fact it's already arrived makes it even worse. Hopefully the people that did dive in don't do so again if Disney try and repeat the stunt.

If they'd released it in cinemas I'd have gladly gone and watched it.
It was essentially an experiment and I'm guessing that no matter how much fanfare and hoopla there was around this film, Disney realised that this wasn't a great film. So it became expendable. But they at least hoped that the family appeal would get viewers. But the constant drip of negative news surrounding it probably depressed the the potential viewership further.

Just finished watching this, now its free on disney and i would agree with your 8/10 review on it.

Found it an enjoyable watch with the rich colours in dolby vision, just a pity the disney app on bravia tv still doesnt do atmos.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom