1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mudhoney at the Astoria

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by karkus30, May 31, 2004.

1. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    If your a true rock fan and you missed this.......................you should be weeping. Just superb, if they ever venture this way again, dont miss out, they rocked big time. All the usual favourites. It was just magnificent.....Mark Arm :thumbsup: we are nort worthy. Have a listen all you young rock pretenders (snow patrol et al) at what a real rock show is.

Show started with a country /punk? band that I wouldnt go out of my way to see again. Then Holly Golightly (must have heard of her, guest on a White Stripes album) began to warm things up with a bluesy set.

2. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, great show. I wasn't too impressed with Holly Golightly, but it's not really my style of music. They seemed like a strange choice though.

We were downstair when Mudhoney started, but chose to be big wusses and head upstairs. (plus, we could actually see the band from up there) The pit was chaos, to say the least, and the heat... holy cow!

I hadn't heard a lot of Mudhoney before (went on the recommendation of a friend), but I was very impressed.

3. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    I was upstairs too. My wife doesnt like the pit and she cant see over the crowd. So we were sat right at the front of the balcony, right next to the press box.....doesnt get much better.

If you liked them, buy March to Fuzz, has virtually all the best tracks and has been remastered, sounds much better.