1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mtHTPC and Dscaler

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Nick Cartwright, Aug 27, 2004.

1. Nick Cartwright

Nick Cartwright

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone successfully got myHTPC working with Dscaler?

Basically I just use my PC for 2 things, watching Laserdiscs via Dscaler (and occasional Sky Sports) and playing DVD’s.

I can set up myHTPC to play either ripped or normal DVD’s via TheaterTek, but want to have a second button to start Dscaler.

Is there a way to send parameters to Dscaler to specify composite or S-video, this way I could have a separate Button for each input?

2. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,111
    yes there is but I forget how to do it exactly. I had seperate buttons that run Dscaler with the RGB input of my sweetspot as default or another button which runs Dscaler with s-video in as default . You can also setup buttons for numerous cards if you have more than one installed.

I think you setup dscaler and tell it to use whatever input you want as default . Then quit it and copy and rename the dscaler.ini file to something else dscalerrgb.ini in my case and another one for your other inputs dscalersvideo.ini for example. then the command line you enter for the executable for the button in myHTPC is dscaler dscalerrgb.ini for example . So each input has a .ini file that sets it up as the default.

I think.

3. Nick Cartwright

Nick Cartwright

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What plug-in do I need so I can execute Dscaler from my Htpc?

4. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,111
    myHTPC gives the option to manually select an external executable in one of its modules : can't remember which one it is off-hand as I'm not in front of the HTPC but its quite straight forward and obvious.

5. paul1672

paul1672

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    i too managed to get dscaler working within myhtpc for sky+ tasks.
    just called it live tv.
    for the life of me i can't remember the parameters right now and i've since sold it on to a mate.
    if he gets his pj back pretty soon i'll try and find out.
    sorry i can't help any more for now but it is possible.