1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MT7 vs. Sony 10HT...

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by JDC, Aug 9, 2001.

1. JDC

JDC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Making the move from TV to FP. <br />DLP rainbow bothers me, CRT's simply too bulky so LCD it is. I'm torn between the Sony & an MT7. Same price (approx). Any comparative info would really help me; Also, I live in Hertfordshire but have yet to find a dealer that will demo both side by side - any suggestions?

P.S. Small HC room, max proj-screen distance is 4m.

2. The Spaniard

The Spaniard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Hi Jeremy,

the tosh is brand new so I guess not many suppliers have it and as many of us previously in your position have found out.....there aren't many places to get demos and even less to compare. You may wish to have a look at Gordons event to see if anything there interests. I have very recently bought the Sony and have a similar set up to you, ...small room. The Sony therefore due to its lens throw will give you I think the possibility of generating the largest screen size although I would suggest 7ft max anyway given your estimated viewing distance. I took almost a year fannying around waiting for the next thing on the block and ended up with the Sony. The technology is good, its been around for some time, there are many tweaks possible, loads of internet info and advice and at the moment its available for a great price due to the new Sony vplvw11ht. I would say its certainly worth considering!!

Have fun and dont let it hurt your head like it hurt mine!!

3. JDC

JDC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice, Gary.

Have you (or anyone reading this) seen an online screen size calculator for either the Sony or the MT7? In know of a couple that calculate measurements for other projectors, but none for these.

Cheers,

JC

4. The Spaniard

The Spaniard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Try <a href="http://www.munsil.com" target="_blank">www.munsil.com</a> and go to the sony questions and answers site. I am sure it is there somewhere but there are a couple of references to other sites as well...they all make interesting reading and show you what can be achieved with the Sony.

Good luck.

5. Dangerous

Dangerous

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is a manual at that will help with your screen size question at <a href="http://www.sonypresentation.com." target="_blank">http://www.sonypresentation.com.</a> Do a search for the VPL-10HT /go to support information/manuals guides/select brochure 496k. Hope this helps.<br />Dave