1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MT1z Progressive...

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Paul D, Apr 15, 2001.

1. Paul D

Paul D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +391
    While setting up my HTPC i read my projector manual!.
    Something came to light.
    It supports:-
    NTSC/DTV480i
    DTV480P/VGA60Hz
    DTV720P
    HDTV/DTV1080i
    It dot resizes some of the higher resolutions.
    Also you have to connect via the VGA socket.
    The VGA socket is RGB and Component compatible.
    Does this mean if i get a progressive DVD player, and connected it via the component out on the DVD player, via a component to VGA lead this would work?.
    ...Paul

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,786
    Paul,

According to the specs it certainly looks that way. You may want to check whether aspect ratio control is still available through that socket as alot of projectors only allow full screen 4:3 on the VGA input.

Gordon

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use the vga 15 input on my MT1, component only not actually a progressive signal as I use the Toshiba SD200e. Hopefully it is of help to you that when using this input from my dvd player I can adjust the aspect ratio for anamorphic pics ect..
    The only thing it won't let me do is adjust the sharpness of the picture. I think this is dur to the way component signals are handled by the MT1.
    I did notice a definite improvement going from s-video to component input. I found that the so called "Jagged Edges" of moving objects are now far less noticable.
    Mind you that may be the dvd player doing it's stuff, as when I was using s-video it was from a Sony DVPS315, I switched to component when I bought the SD200e.
    I hope this helps.

:) :)

4. Paul D

Paul D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +391
    ninCO, where did you get your "VGA in" component cable. I would need a 9 metre high quailty component to VGA etc. My wifes DVD Karaoke player the MICO A980s gives component out. I could use this to test the cable until i buy a progressive DVD player. When i have the cable i will get on to Sound & Vision bolton and try to arrange a "demo" (loaner!) of the Toshiba 900a etc. Once you get to know them they bend over backwards for you. But I bet they ask for my credit card first!.
    If progressive impresses me they will have a sale!.
    Mind you films are not getting a look in, as i'am playing computer games all the time!. Colin Mcrea Rally 2 looks stunning on a eight foot screen. I set it to run at 1024x768 32 bit, even though the LCD panel is only 800x600. It manages to smooth any jaggies without softning the text etc.

Gordon,
    what signal/resolution does a NTSC and Pal(when available) progressive give out on DVDs. Ie 480p 720p 1080p or what ever. As you can tell i am not genned up on progressive!.

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got my cable from Keene Electronics, at this web address.
    http://www.keene.co.uk/pages/about/contact.htm
    You will need to ring them and ask for the cable to be made up custom for you.
    You will need to give them the exact wiring requirements e.g. which pins on the 15 pin vga plug connect to the 3 y/pb/pr component output phono plugs.
    If you need the details let me know and I post them here for you to copy.
    They did me a 5mtr lead, cost me £32.50 inc vat and delivery. Not cheap, but worth the money.

6. Paul D

Paul D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +391
    nincO, please send me the details of the pins etc. Either post here or email me. Thanks a lot for your time....Paul

7. Paul D

Paul D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +391
    nincO, Thanks for the email.
    I have ordered a Prowire cable from lektropacks based on your pin layout etc.
    Have "Five with thanks"....Paul
    Ps when and if i try "progressive" i will post my findings here...

8. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,786
    Sorry Fulabeer, Just saw the question. PAL prog will be 576P if I remember correct.

Gordon