1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mt1-sky

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by polo, Jan 12, 2001.

1. polo

polo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have got the mt1 one at last and I have got it connected by a 10 meter s-video lead ,But how do connect it up to sky digital the equipment I have is
    sony cxd 850 dvd
    Sony 930 amp
    grundig sky box (two scarts)
    how have you got it connected
    BY the way great picture

2. Jimmy the Saint

Jimmy the Saint

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Polo
    I have a very similar system to yours and have also connected dvd by svhs cable. However, in order for you to connect your sky to the projector, you need to convert the RGB signals from the scart socket of your digibox into svhs signals in order to maintain the current connections you have made.
    You will need to feed the signal from your digibox either into an svhs VCR (Hi-Spek are doing a great offer on the JVC S6700 ET @ £199), or a signal converter (Lektropacks have one for £80). The signal can then be fed into your amplifier and then from there, using your 10m svhs cable, to your projector (remember the amp is the centre of your system and your dvd should also be connected to it).
    The other alternative is of course to connect everything using composite cables, but the loss in quality is unbearable!