1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mSUB10 humming

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by lifter, May 31, 2001.

1. lifter

lifter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please help!

I just conected my tannoy mSUB10 trough receiver sub-preamp RCA conector. When I turn on the sub it started to hum. I disconected RCA cable and the sub (still powerd on) stoped humming. My sub and receiver (kenwood 8030) are both plugged into same AC wall outlet. Is my interconect cable suorce of humming?
    Wich interconect can solve my problem?
    Any other advice or experience also wellcome!

2. torimusic

torimusic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If your sub's power lead has an earth terminal, try disconnecting it. I had a Polkaudio PSW-50 sub which had an IEC kettle plug with the earth pin. It also gave hum problems until I disconnected the earth wire in the plug that plugs into the wall socket. If this does not work, try earthing your receiver if it has an earth point on it.

3. lifter

lifter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you. My sub is now working without any hum. Only my neighbours are now the problem!

4. UZUBAIRU

UZUBAIRU

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Torimusic,
    Thank you ever so much. My husband was about to get an electrician in to look at the wiring, when I came across your remedy. We also have a Polk Audio PSW 50.
    I checked the BB as a last resort, not expecting to find a cure.
    Thank you once again for bringing hassle free home-cinema back into my home.
    Umu