MSI killer network manager ??????

sykotik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all not sure if this is the right place to ask , but
i have just updated the some of the drivers that were showing up in the "MSI's live update"
one of them been the killer network drivers
now really not sure what's happened but things have changed from when i last looked
and things ain't right
im sure it used to say 40mbs down and 10mbs up
now it has some random numbers
120.jpg
and now this 1gbps has me concerned , is this why every thing is taking ages to down load ?
1gbs.jpg
sorry about the duel screen pic's

just done a few speed test and they seem to right

when i have tried to down load some more drivers there are taking for ever to do so , a 54MB file is taking a good 30 mins to do so if not longer
now this was never like this , a 54mb file should only take a few minutes to do so which is what it was like before the updates

what should i do , delete all the killer network drivers and redownload them
i am not sure what to do here :confused:
also to mention web pages are taking for ever to load up .

Last edited:
Not sure what your concerns about the 1 gbps is? That's referring to the speed of your network, i.e Gigabit.

Try unticking 'enable bandwith control' and see if that changes anything.

Not sure what your concerns about the 1 gbps is? That's referring to the speed of your network, i.e Gigabit.

Try unticking 'enable bandwith control' and see if that changes anything.
oh yes , my mistake , i was thinking at the time it was 1gb while looking at it , :facepalm:

i have tied un-ticking the "enable bandwith control" and it is the same , webpage's take age's to load and trying to download a file from the msi live manager is still taking for ever

having looked a round on the tinternet i did come cross , uninstalling the network manager drivers , and re install them from the disc again that came with the mobo
but don't enable the "killer network manage"
could be worth a try ,

but saying that every was fine and dandy before trying to update them ,
so i may just install the drive from the disc and leave them be .

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom