For Sale MSI GT60 gaming laptop - i7 3610qm, GTX670m GPU, 1080p 15.6" screen

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by chippyteaforme, Feb 24, 2014.

1. chippyteaforme

chippyteaforme

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +201
    Hey all,

Been a bit busy and took a while to sort out a warranty repair on this laptop, it's now up for sale complete with new speakers so is fully working. Repair and collection were carried out free of charge using the manufacturer warranty which is still valid 'til 31st April 2014 :)

Happy with the speed of repair too - collected 17th Feb, returned to me 24th Feb :)

Specification :

MSI GT60 0NC
    Intel Core i7 3610QM CPU
    12GB RAM
    Nvidia Geforce GTX670M GPU with 3GB VRAM
    15.6" 1920x1080p Anti-Glare (non-glossy) screen
    2x750GB mechanical HDDs
    Steelseries backlit keyboard (with customisable colours / patterns!)

I think that's all the important bits out of the way. Laptop has come back with a fresh warranty seal applied, but you ARE allowed to perform upgrades (swap HDDs, RAM e.t.c.) without sacrificing warranty, as long as you don't cause any hardware failure in the process.

Condition :

Comes in original box, but not original packaging, it'll be securely wrapped in plenty of bubble wrap!

Very good condition over all, no cracks and never dropped.

Only issue I can find is that the front left hand side of the laptop base makes a 'click' if you squeeze it fairly hard between your thumb and forefinger - not sure why. Doesn't affect usage, just mentioning it for honesty!!

Will get photos up ASAP :)

Looking for £550 including Royal Mail Special Delivery :)

PHOTOS ADDED - THESE WERE TAKEN BEFORE IT WAS SENT OFF FOR REPAIR AND SO IT NOW HAS A NEW (INTACT) WARRANTY SEAL, OTHERWISE IT IS IDENTICAL.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Price and currency: 550
    Delivery: Delivery cost is Included
    Payment method: Bank Transfer / Paypal Gift / Cash on collection

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  2. Masha

Masha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I am interested in this and have been digging around the history a little as it's passed a few hands on the forums and would like to confirm the warranty status as it was previously mentioned it had a two year warranty In the post below, but you have listed it with one year?

Wanted - Laptop with reasonable gaming GPU, ideally Nvidia GT or GTX | AVForums

Are you open to offers, and are you able to meet up anywhere near nottingham or would this need to be delivered?

3. chippyteaforme

chippyteaforme

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +201
    Hi,

Having dealt with the warranty to get the speakers replaced (one was faulty when purchased, they replaced both as I assume they come as a pair) they said that they are only willing to warranty it based on serial number as I don't have a receipt. The serial number warranty is based on a certain time (can't remember if it was 1 or 2 years!) from manufacture date, and they say it'll last 'til 31st April this year.

The only reason I am selling is because I have upgraded to a 17.3" GT70 barebones with GTX680M GPU and SSD / HDD drives although in all honesty I could sell either as I game so infrequently :D

I won't be able to meet up, as it stands I'm covering the £25 or so it'll cost to post but would be happy to drop a little on price to cover your petrol if you wanted to drive over to Spalding and view it?

[edit]

I've just seen what you are getting at now - the quoted post says I should have received the original invoice with the laptop but I didn't. I'll get in touch with the seller and ask where it is as it'll obviously give any buyer far more warranty!

http://www.avforums.com/attachments/gt60a-jpg.455384/
    http://www.avforums.com/attachments/gt60b-jpg.455385/
    http://www.avforums.com/attachments/gt60c-jpg.455386/

4. Masha

Masha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    It's a 3 hour round trip so collection isnt going to be possible for me since I'm quite busy at the moment. I can offer £460 delivered, please let me know if you are prepared to drop that low.

5. Nero9

Nero9
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    could you post some pictures please?

6. Masha

Masha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Nero, there are some pictures through in my linked threads.

7. chippyteaforme

chippyteaforme

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +201
    [edit] Trying to get my head around using quotes, will try from another computer :)

8. Masha

Masha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Any news on the warranty extension? You have lost your previous message, do you want to negiotate on price at this point? I can increase my offer to £480?

9. chippyteaforme

chippyteaforme

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +201
    Having no luck getting quotes to work!

No word from the person who sold it to me yet. £480 is far too low, delivery will cost me £25 including appropriate insurance, and like I've said, it's a brilliant spec and you'll get nothing close for what you are asking (in my opinion).

10. Masha

Masha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    No problem, I'll withdraw my offers for now while i look into my options and get back to you at the weekend if I'm still interested. Ta.

11. chippyteaforme

chippyteaforme

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +201
    Not a problem, but to save you wasting our time, I'd be wanting closer to asking or I'd rather keep it / give it to family or stick it on eBay. Not in the mood for silly offers, and I consider <£500 delivered for a laptop of this calibre to be an insult.

[edit] - Actually, I'd rather put it on eBay, and if it doesn't sell there, I'll find another use for it, even it's just for occasional gaming use on the TV downstairs.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014