MSI GE70 2PE (Apache Pro) - 265UK Gaming Laptop Review & Comments

Thanks for the review. Excellent news that the speakers on this laptop are up to the job.

Laptops at this size and weight should have good audio.

I hope other manufacturers step up to the mark.

Bit late for buying a 800-series based laptop. the 970 is so much better you would find the extra money. I know you can only review what you get, but any chance of getting hold of one of the 970/980 based laptops - say the GS70 2QE STEALTH PRO SILVER EDITION?

Hopefully nicfaz, this was our first MSI one, so I'm hoping more will follow very soon.

Bit late for buying a 800-series based laptop. the 970 is so much better you would find the extra money. I know you can only review what you get, but any chance of getting hold of one of the 970/980 based laptops - say the GS70 2QE STEALTH PRO SILVER EDITION?

Other than the 820M, 870M and 880M the 800 and 900 branded models are the same series (Maxwell).

£1300 sounds alot of money to me, to not be able to max BF4 @ 1080p?

How do these rivals compare to the old leaders Alienware? I need to update my first series m18x as its getting old now and need an upgrade :D

Other than the 820M, 870M and 880M the 800 and 900 branded models are the same series (Maxwell).

My bad - I thought all 800 were pre-Maxwell but you're right, the 860M is a Maxwell chip. I revise my comment to "well worth ensuring any new laptop has a Maxwell based graphics chip".

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom