MSI GE70 2PE (Apache Pro) - 265UK Gaming Laptop Review

JDN

Thanks for the review. Excellent news that the speakers on this laptop are up to the job.

Laptops at this size and weight should have good audio.

I hope other manufacturers step up to the mark.

nicfaz

Bit late for buying a 800-series based laptop. the 970 is so much better you would find the extra money. I know you can only review what you get, but any chance of getting hold of one of the 970/980 based laptops - say the GS70 2QE STEALTH PRO SILVER EDITION?

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Hopefully nicfaz, this was our first MSI one, so I'm hoping more will follow very soon.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
Bit late for buying a 800-series based laptop. the 970 is so much better you would find the extra money. I know you can only review what you get, but any chance of getting hold of one of the 970/980 based laptops - say the GS70 2QE STEALTH PRO SILVER EDITION?
Other than the 820M, 870M and 880M the 800 and 900 branded models are the same series (Maxwell).

nicfaz

Other than the 820M, 870M and 880M the 800 and 900 branded models are the same series (Maxwell).
My bad - I thought all 800 were pre-Maxwell but you're right, the 860M is a Maxwell chip. I revise my comment to "well worth ensuring any new laptop has a Maxwell based graphics chip".

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in November 2020: Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom